Please be aware that you confim your agreement to our terms and conditions when you book your holiday.
For the purposes of these terms and conditions, the respective caravan’s owner listed on Caravan Holiday Hopton’s website shall be known as the “Owner” and the person(s) making the holiday booking shall be known as the “Guest(s)”.
- The Guest(s) accepts the Owner’s terms and conditions on payment of deposit and must be over the age of 21.
- Haven is a family friendly park and under no circumstances can stag or hen parties be accommodated by the Owner.
- The Owner is unable to accept same gender groups without prior permission from Haven.
- The Owner does not allow pets in caravans unless they are designated as pet friendly on the website.
- The Owner does not allow smoking or the taking of recreational drugs in the caravan.
BOOKING & RENTAL CHARGES
- The Owner requires a £50 non-refundable deposit to secure a Guest(s) booking.
- The Owner is unable to hold dates without a deposit.
- The balance of the Guest(s) holiday is due 60 days prior to the start of the holiday.
- Late deals require payment in full (less than 60 days prior to the holiday).
- All prices quoted are valid for a period of 7 days only.
- The Owner reserves the right to alter or change prices, or withdraw special offers or competitions without prior notice.
- The Owner requests the following information from the Guest(s) at time of booking:
- Names of all parties
- Ages of all parties
- Gender of all parties
- Full address, telephone number and email address
- Car registration number
- Details of any daily visitors
CANCELLATION BY GUEST
- If Guest(s) need to cancel their holiday, please notify the Owner in writing within 3 days.
- The following cancellation charges will apply:-
- A 50% cancellation fee applies for all cancellations up to 60 days prior to the booking
- A 100% cancellation fee applies for all cancellations less than 60 days prior to the booking
2. If the Guest(s) cut a holiday short after it has commenced, no refunds will be given.
CANCELLATION BY AGENT/OWNER
1. In exceptional circumstances, where the Agent needs to cancel or change the Guest(s) booking, the Guest(s) will be notified as soon as possible prior to the holiday date. Guests may:
a) Accept the changes offered by the Agent
b) Receive a full refund
c) Accept an alternative holiday at the same price
2. Compensation is not paid in any circumstances.
- Upon payment of a Guest(s) balance, the Owner will also require a £75 security deposit, which will be authorised for return to the Guest(s) within 14 days of departure once the caravan has been inspected by our on-site team, unless:
- There have been unrecorded person(s) staying in the caravan
- The keys have been lost or taken home
- There has been smoking in the caravan
- There has been excessive alcohol consumption resulting in nuisance or anti-social behaviour
- There is evidence or reporting of drug misuse
- There is missing inventory
- There is damage and/or mess caused that has not been suitably repaired or cleaned
- The caravan is vacated later than the agreed time
- There is any damage to the caravan or its contents (internal and external)
- Any of the safety equipment and devices installed have been tampered with or damaged
- The lights and heating have been left on when the caravan is vacant
- There is excessive use or misuse of the heating, lighting and other utilities/facilities.
2. The Owner/Agent reserves the right to inspect accommodation should it deemed necessary or where a breach of Terms and Conditions is suspected.
- Payment can be made by credit/debit card via the secure payment system on the Owner’s website.
- The Owner does NOT accept PayPal or cheque.
- Should the Owner find they have significantly undercharged the Guest(s) because of an error, the Owner will offer the Guest(s) the option to cancel the holiday or extend them the opportunity to pay the full and correct holiday price.
HOLIDAY PAYMENT INSTALMENT PLANS
- The Owner offers Guests the opportunity to pay by instalments to spread the cost.
- A deposit of £50 is required to secure the dates, instalments or part payments can me made to the Guest’s account via the internet or telephone.
- Set monthly payments can be spread over up to 6 equal monthly payments, payable on a set date by credit/debit card, bank transfer, direct debit or standing order.
- The holiday balance must be paid 60 days prior to the holiday.
- Missing or late payments or failure to pay the balance within 60 days of the Guest(s) holiday will result in loss of the deposit and holiday booking.
- Late deal/last minute bookings (less than 60 days from the holiday date) are exempt from instalment plans and must be paid in full at point of booking.
- Holiday insurance in NOT included in the price of our holidays.
- The Owner does not provide holiday insurance but strongly advises Guest(s) to incept a suitable holiday insurance policy in the event of accident, loss, cancellation or other factor.
- On departure, Guest(s) must ensure the heating and lights are turned off. Failure to do so may result in loss of the security deposit.
- On vacation of the caravan, Guest(s) must ensure the heating and lights (except a security light) are turned off. Failure to do so may result in loss of the security deposit.
- Guest(s) are NOT permitted to use the caravan’s electricity supply to charge electric vehicles.
- The holiday cost includes for fair us of utilities, excessive usage is chargable at the prevailing supplier price.
- The Owner retains a full inventory of all items inside and outside of the caravan that can be obtained by Guest(s) on request.
- Any missing or damaged inventory will result in full or partial loss of the security deposit.
STORE CUPBOARD ITEMS/EQUIPMENT USE
- The Owner provides Guest(s) with an extensive supply of essentials to use during their stay, including food basics, cleaning products and hygiene products, please refrain from excessive use.
- All Guest(s) are required to replenish any items which they use the last of to extend the next guest the same courtesy. Failure to do so may result in loss of the security deposit.
- By accepting the Owner’s terms and conditions at time of booking, the Guest(s) expressly agree to the safe use of all equipment within the caravan.
- Faulty equipment must be reported immediately via telephone or email and not used under any circumstances.
- The Owner does not accept any liability for loss, injury or accident encountered by Guest(s) or their visitors.
- Guest(s) must notify the Owner of any available equipment needed in advance or at time of booking.
- Hire items are subject to a charge of £5 each, per stay.
- Any damage or loss incured to hire items will result in loss of the security deposit.
- Guest(s) are responsible for the correct installation and use of any hire items provided.
1. If any member of the Guest(s) party has an allergy to pets, it is strongly recommended that pet friendly accommodation is not booked.
2. It cannot be guaranteed that pets have never occupied any of our holiday homes.
3. Compensation is not paid in circumstances where an allergy or similar has occured.
- The Owner engages an independant cleaning company to prepare the caravan. Guest(s) must maintain the levels of cleanliness and hygiene during their stay. Failure to do so may result in loss of the security deposit.
- On departure, Guest(s) must leave the caravan in the same clean and tidy condition, with the bins and fridge/freezer emptied. Failure to do so may result in loss of the security deposit.
DAMAGE OR LOSS
- All damage or loss should be reported immediately to the Owner, Agent or on-site team by telephone or email; the Owner will make deductions to cover replacement or repair. Failure to report may result in loss of the full security deposit.
- Should the loss or damage exceed the security deposit, the Owner will take necessary legal action against the Guest(s) to seek full compensation.
- The Owner’s caravan is privately owned and they reserve the right to evict Guest(s) in the event of:
- Unreasonable, disruptive or anti-social behaviour, including reports from other owners and the park
- Additional unregistered guests being in the caravan
- Pets in the caravan, unless a service dog authorised at time of booking
- Smoking in the caravan
- Partaking in recreational drugs anywhere on the park
- Damage to the caravan or its contents (inside or out)
- Instruction by Haven
- The Owner aims to provide Guest(s) with a comfortable, clean and fully equipped caravan to ensure they have an enjoyable stay. In the event of a problem occurring, Guest(s) must contact the owner or on-site representative as soon as possible to enable investigation and rectification of the issue(s) being experienced.
- Guest(s) should refrain from making disparaging or defamatory comments, posting photographs or videos about the Owner, caravan or park in any public domain, including review sites, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
- The Guest(s) can check between 3pm to 6pm, unless otherwise arranged and agreed in writing.
- The Guest(s) should telephone the on-site representative (details on booking form) prior to arrival. An on-site representative will meet the Guest(s) at the caravan to hand over the keys or provide the Guest(s) with key collection details.
- Guest(s) arriving after 6pm will be required to pay the on-site representative a £20 key release charge where no key safe is installed.
- The Guest(s) must check out by 10am sharp, unless otherwise arranged and agreed in writing. Please note that late departure may result in loss of the security deposit.
- The Owner’s on-site representative will conduct a thorough inspection of the caravan and its contents after departure.
FUNWORKS ENTERTAINMENT PASSES
- Funwork’s entertainment passes are not included in the cost of the holiday and must be purchased directly from Haven by the Guest(s) on arrival as an additional cost should they be required.
- Entertainment passes are required to access Haven’s activity complex, prices differ for peak and off-peak durations, the Guest(s) should visit Haven’s reception to determine the current rates.
- Guest(s) must report any issues or complaints to the Owner or on-site team during their holiday to allow ample opportunity to rectify matters.
- The Owner does not accept any complaints raised after the holiday booking; the Guest(s) are provided with telephone numbers and email addresses to make contact during their stay.
- In the event of a dispute arising, the Owners reserve the right to consult a third-party or legal representative to address matters.
- The Guest(s) should refrain from making defamatory comments, post photographs or videos about the Owner, caravan or park in any public domain, including review sites, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms.
- Abusive or threatening written or verbal communication will not be tolerated and will be considered to be harassment and reported accordingly to the authorities.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions on booking your holiday, the Guest(s) agree not to threaten or execute legal action in the event of deposits of holiday costs not being refunded due to any breach of the above rules or cancellation.
- The Guest(s) will be liable for any additional costs incurred by the Owner following breach of the above rules.
- The Owner nor the Agency does not accept any liability for loss, injury or accident encountered by guests or their visitors.
- By accepting these terms and conditions at time of booking, the Guest(s) expressly agree to the safe use of all equipment within the caravan.
- Faulty equipment must be reported immediately via telephone or email and not used under any circumstances.
- The Owner does NOT accept animals at the caravan without agreement in writing unless it is a clearly designated pet friendly caravan.
- A charge of £25 per animal (max 2) is applicable to all bookings made in designated pet friendly caravans.
- Animals must be registered assistance dogs/domestic animals and not listed under the Dangerous Dogs Act.
- Animals must be house trained and be up-to-date with flea treatments.
- Animals must not be left unaccompanied in the caravan, unless crated.
- Animals are not permitted on the beds, sofas or other soft furnishings.
- If an animal is deemed to be too noisy or a nuisance, the Owner or Haven may ask guests to vacate the caravan or remove the animal.
- The Owner cannot guarantee that our caravans are pet-free because assistance animals may stay on occasion.
- An additional deposit of £50 per animal may be requested.
- The Guest(s) must use the allocated parking space provided during their stay.
- The Guest(s) is not permitted to park on the grassed areas.
- The Guest(s) is not permitted to park in spaces allocated to other caravans.
- The Owner does not accept any liability for loss, damage, fines or clamping resultant from poor parking or driving.
- The Guest(s) must observe the site speed limit at all times.
- The Owner does NOT permit smoking within the caravan; this includes vaporizers, e-cigarettes, tobacco or drugs.
- The Guest(s) must observe Haven’s park rules regarding smoking and refrain from smoking anywhere other than the designated smoking areas.
- The Guest(s) must notify the Owner as soon as they realise they have left something behind and we will do our best to locate it.
- The Owner does not accept any liability for anything found damaged or unable to be found.
- If the reported item is found, cost of return us payable by the Guest(s).
- The Guest(s) hold responsibility for safeguarding their personal belongings, vehicles, bicycles or other property.
- The Guest(s) should secure their property and remove valuables from view.
- The Owners does not accept any liability for loss or damage of property or personal belongings, including phones, laptops or other electrical/mechanical devices of Guest(s).
- A minimum charge of £10, plus postage will be incurred to return lost property.
- The Owner or on-site team may enter the caravan at any reasonable time to conduct an inspection or undertake maintenance or repairs.
- Where repairs or maintenance are required, the Owner will endeavour to contact Guest(s) beforehand.
- In the case of emergency, the Owner, on-site team or Haven may need to enter the caravan without prior warning for the Guest(s) own safety.
- If the Guest(s) have any problems or maintenance issues, please telephone 07860 496072. Please do not contact Haven, any maintenance charges incurred from Haven are the responsibility of the Guest(s).
- The Owner does not accept any responsibility or pay compensation for things beyond our control that destroy or damage your personal belongings or property, our caravan, other holiday homes or Haven’s facilities.
- Things beyond our control include fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage, riots or civil strife, industrial action, force of nature, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity, and epidemics.
- Personal information provided by Guest(s) at point of enquiry or booking will be used to administer the enquiry and/or booking and may be used to make future contact.
- Guest(s) information will not be sold on to third parties but may be shared with Haven for bone-fide purposes.
- Free wifi is available in Haven’s complex and reception areas.
- The Guest(s) use Haven wifi at their own risk; the Owner accepts no responsibility for any damages, loss costs or expenses incurred by Guest(s) whilst using wifi at Hopton Holiday Village.
The information you given in relation to a booking is held securely on our computer system and dealt with in accordance with GDPR 2018. By providing us with this information you are deemed to accept this and to have the consent of all members of your party. We hold this information to help us improve our service and provide you with information about our holidays and services by telephone, e-mail, post and SMS, and to keep you informed of our latest news and offers. If you would prefer not to receive this information, please contact us.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, unenforceable or non-binding, you shall remain bound by all other provisions hereof. In such event, such invalid provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and you will at least agree to accept a similar effect as the invalid, unenforceable or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of these terms and conditions.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Caravan Holidays Hopton act as a marketing and booking agent only. All accommodation, equipment and accommodation facilities provided are privately owned and Caravan Holidays Hopton accept no liability for claims and do not pay compensation.